I am so truly honored and siked to be nominated for the 2018 Liebster Award! For anyone who does not know what this award is let me fill you in a bit. It is exclusively for new bloggers and every nominee is nominated by another blogger! It is such a wonderful way to create a strong support system, especially when you are just starting out on this journey! I am extremely humbled to say I have been nominated by the lovely Amy from Dear Heart. She writes so beautifully about her life as a momma, wife, traveler, educator & woman of God. I truly love reading her posts- so go check her out and subscribe to her blog! They are so heartfelt and relatable!
I was so shocked when I saw Amy had nominated me! I’ve just begun this amazing journey of sharing my life with all of you. It’s been about a month since I officially published my first post and I am so grateful from all the love and support I have received! To be honest, I never liked writing when I was growing up. I always dreaded it in school. I have to give a shoutout to my best friend, Taylor, for encouraging me to start this blog. She kept telling me, “You should start a blog! You have so much to write about and share.” And she couldn’t have been more right! I LOVE and genuinely enjoy sharing my momma tips, life adventures and stories that are so near and dear to my heart. I cannot wait to see where this blog leads me to and I feel truly grateful and blessed to be part of this community! God has opened this door for me and it feels like such a perfect fit!
Ten Facts About Me!
- I graduated from Texas Christian University in 2014 with my Bachelor’s Degree in Child Development (Go Toads!!)
- I cheered pretty much my whole life up until my junior year in college. I got to cheer at Cowboys Stadium twice & (the grandaddy of them all) The Rose Bowl my freshman year! And we won! Awesome memories.
- I am an ABA (Applied Behavior Analysis) Therapist for The Center for Autism & Related Disorders. It is the most rewarding job I have ever had, hands down.
- My childhood dog is still alive and well! He is a grumpy old man, but I love him. I’m convinced he’s going to live forever (he’s 14).
- I’m a sucker for “tween” novels. Corny, vampire love stories are my fav.
- I am a huge Harry Potter fan. If there’s a marathon on TV, you best believe I’m watching it!
- I have two HUGE pet peeves- (1) When people walk directly in front of me and go slower than a snail. (2) When anything smells like mildew (especially sponges)…like seriously these things make me angry haha.
- I’ve only be out of the country once the summer before my 2nd grade year. I visited my aunt, uncle and cousins in Germany! I only remember certain parts of it, but my favorite part was visiting the Black Forest! So pretty!
- I have two kiddos. Boy & a girl. 13 months apart. And that’s enough for us! 🙂
- I’m married to my best friend. We’ve known each other since the 7th grade. He’s the Jim to my Pam (if you get this reference, me and you will be homies for life) and I love him more than anything.
Aurelia from Aurelia Beauty
Ashley from Livin’ the Country Life
Jaime from For Every Mama
Sarah from Lemon Blessings
& Jenna from Making Things is Awesome
All of these ladies have amazing blogs and have all shown their support to me along the way. They each have such a unique style and great content! Go give them all a follow! 🙂
Part of the nomination process is for me to answer questions given to me by Amy! Then I follow up with my own questions for my awesome nominees! So here goes!
My Questions & Answers
- What was the last movie you saw in the theatre, how was it? The new Beauty & the Beast with Emma Watson. It was amazing. It was my absolute favorite Disney movie (movie in general really) growing up and they brought it to life perfectly! I really enjoyed it!
- What is your favorite book? The Notebook. I know I’m such a cliche. BUT I DON’T CARE! It is such a beautiful story. I honestly couldn’t tell you how many times I’ve read the book and watched the movie. I’m such a hopeless romantic at heart. I will sit and listen to any love story. They’re all worth hearing to me!
- What book are you currently reading? Well if you wanna get technical I’m not really reading anything at the moment. I am kind of in the middle of The Magnolia Story, Chip and Joanna Gaines’ book. LOVE THEM. Like I said, love stories are my thing. I’m behind on my Nicholas Sparks reading list. Need to catch up! That’s next on my to-read list!
- Are you a dog or cat person? Why? Definitely a dog person. I don’t hate cats, I just am really grossed out by litter boxes. But I guess people train their cats to go in the toilet now so if I had a cat like that I wouldn’t mind it! My sisters had cats all the time growing up so I’m used to being around them. But I love my doggies!
- What do you believe is your greatest accomplishment? I would say being a momma, but I guess I see that more as a blessing and privilege. So my biggest accomplishment would be graduating from TCU. It was such a surreal moment and I think that was the proudest I’ve ever felt of myself.
- Where is your favorite place to travel? Gruene, TX. Google it. Go to their website. It is just a small Texas town. But it is beautiful. And the place I feel even more in love with my husband. The best memories before we got married, and our honeymoon were spent there! During my husband’s “boot leave” we spent a couple nights at the Gruene Mansion and it felt like a dream. We plan to retire there and spend our days on our back porch looking out at the river flowing by. It will be so sweet! It’s our place.
- What is the best gift you have ever received? When my daddy’s momma (my grandma) passed in ’99, my momma got her wedding ring. I’ve always loved it. It’s gorgeous. I was only 5 when my grandma went to heaven, but we were very close. Christmas 2016 was a precious one to me I’ll never forget. My parents gifted me my grandma’s ring. My momma knew how much I adored it and felt it in her heart to pass it along to me. I bawled like a baby! The sweetest gift. That one day I will pass down to my baby girl.
- Who are those public voices that currently influence you? (Pastors, motivating speakers, celebrities, etc.) Oh wow this is kind of a tough one for me. People who influence me the most are strong followers of Jesus. Every church I’ve ever been apart of has had an amazing pastor and leader. I don’t know what it is. Maybe the atmosphere of being surrounded by so much faith and love for our God. I just get choked up during any church service.
- In your life, what would you describe as your most courageous act you yourself have done? I’m not quite sure why my mind goes directly to this time in my life, but I think I felt most courageous when my son was in the NICU after he was born. I think witnessing other parents around me deal with similar things and thinking how much courage it takes to just wake up every morning and spend every day in the hospital. Not being able to take your baby home, but still coming into their little pod and giving them all of your smiles and lovins. I now realize that I was one of those parents too. It’s a good feeling.
- What is your favorite guilty pleasure? Sour candy. Put it in front of me and I’ll eat it. Seriously.
- If you could travel to any place in the entire world, where would you go and why? Italy. My husband went for baseball after high school and fell in love with it. He always talks about taking me back for our “second honeymoon”. It will happen one day! It looks so romantic and there is so much history there. I look forward to that day!
Questions for My Nominees
- What is the number one thing to do on your bucket list?
- If you could only have two functional senses (touch, taste, sight, smell and hearing) of your choice, which would you choose & why?
- If you were extremely athletically talented & could play any sport of your choosing what would it be and why?
- What is your favorite bible verse or quote? Do you have a special connection to it? If so, explain.
- Hypothetical scenario…’The Walking Dead’ has become real life. The zombie apocalypse has commenced. You must do anything to survive. What is your weapon of choice & why?
- What languages can you speak OR which would you like to learn to speak?
- What is your favorite part about being a momma? If you are not yet a momma, what do you most look forward to when you think about motherhood? & if you do not want kiddos or don’t see yourself having children, where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- What is one thing/moment that has happened in your life that you would want to relive?
- You just won the lottery! What’s the first thing you buy?
- If you had to live out of the country for a year, where would it be?
- You have officially been cast in ‘The Wizard of Oz’. Dorothy is strolling down the yellow brick road and comes across the scarecrow (in search of a brain), the tin man (in search of a heart), and a lion (in search of courage). Then she finds you! What are you in search of? What do you seek most in life?
Official Rules of The 2018 Liebster Award
1) Thank the person who nominated you, and put a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you.
2) Display the award on your blog.
3) Write a small post about what makes you passionate about blog posting.
4) Provide 10 random facts about yourself.
5) Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel would enjoy blogging about this award.
6) List these rules in your post.
7) Inform the people/blogs that you nominated.
For more detailed information on the Liebster Award 2018 visit here.
If you choose to accept the nomination answer my questions, remember to tag me and inform me about your post by leaving a comment here for me to have a look at your answers. I truly hope you enjoy answering my questions and get a little kick out of them! Don’t forget to nominate other bloggers to discover, connect and support the blogging community!
God Bless Y’all!